Who cares if your wardrobe is full of mostly black, gray, and white clothes, you can brighten any look with a little pop of bold liner. I am a huge fan of colored liners. I feel like I've reached the age where turquoise, purple, and green eye shadows tend to make me feel a little childish. However, since I still love bright colors why not put together the things I love most, neutral eye shadows and bright liners.
I know a lot of woman feel like bold liner might be a bit too much. That's not true, I feel like any woman at any age can pull off bold liner if you do it right. There was a month were I wore blue eye liner almost everyday. At this point I started expanding my color choices. Now I wear green, blue, purple, gold, gray, and other bold eyeliners. My method is to pair your bright eyeliners with neutral eye shadows.
Normally I pair my taupe eye shadows with either purple or blue liners, gold shadows usually calls for green liners or orange. Any eye shadow in the beige family can pretty much pair with any liner color. Of course this is not the only way to do it, mix and match your shadows and come up with your own combinations. Below are a few of my favorite that I have put together.
|Click to enlarge photo|
- MAC Bronze / MAC Float On By
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill #9 / MAC So There Jade
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill #15 / MAC Rosemary & Thyme
- Le Metier De Beaute Corinthian / Dolce & Gabbana #8
- Le Metier De Beaute Jojo / CHANEL Style Yeux Waterproof #83 Cassie
- Burberry No.03 Porcelain / Inglot #35
- Edward Bess Mystery / MAC Temperature Rising
- Rock & Republic Lost / MAC I Get No Kick
- Burberry No.09 Rosewood / Inglot #23
- Edward Bess Intimate / MAC Out To Sea
- NARS Etrusque / Giorgio Armani 03
Last but not least, my final tip about using color liners- don't go over board. If you're still scared start slow, use the color liners for your water line first. Once you get comfortable expand and use it on your top line. Try to keep your lines fine, and not too thick. I don't make cat eyes, or thick lines when I use color liners. Other than that, have fun!